Reading pop3-mails

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

Reading pop3-mails

Postby John Doe » Wed, 19 Jan 2005, 13:26

POP3-CHECK gives the count of mails in the specified mail account. How can I read the mails by index (subject only)? The idea is to do some actions according to incoming mails. regards
John Doe

Postby VK » Wed, 19 Jan 2005, 13:44

The reading of the mails directly on the POP3 server is not implemented in nnCron. This is possible only by using some third-party tool (take a look at one of the available command-line mailers).
CU
VK
VK

Integration of external component

Postby John Doe » Thu, 27 Jan 2005, 00:20

Hi, I found a third part ActiveX component (with public source), which can handle my pop3 needs. Any chance and how to integrate an ocx with known properties an methods in nnCron? I think, a possible way would be to pass the parameters on the stack and then call the public interface. regards
John Doe

Postby VK » Fri, 28 Jan 2005, 12:35

Ah. I have no idea how integrate an ocx into nnCron task, but there are good news from Nicholas. In the latest beta ( 1.91b5, http://www.nncron.ru/download/nncron191b5.exe ) he added a new word
Code: Select all
S" server" S" name" S" password" <number-of-msg> POP3-GET
which retrieves the specified message (by it's number) and places a string with the contents of the message to the stack - so it can pe dispalyed/saved/processed...

For example:

Code: Select all
#( test_get_the_latest_mail
NoActive
0 VALUE number_of_messages
Action:
\ getting the number of messages
S" mail.server.com" S" user" S" password" POP3-CHECK
\ saving the number to VALUE-variable
TO number_of_messages
\ getting the latest message
S" mail.server.com" S" user" S" password" number_of_messages POP3-GET
\ saving it to the file 'c:\test.mail'
S" c:\test.mail" FWRITE
)#

Nicholas is planning to develop the mail-management interface futher: (deleting mail, getting the range of the mail etc).
CU
VK
VK

Return to nnCron forum (English)