nnCronLite skipping scheduled tasks

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

nnCronLite skipping scheduled tasks

Postby paul.mckee » Wed, 05 Jan 2005, 19:46

nnCronLite was successfully installed, setup, and launched on a WinXP system. The cron.tab contains 5 processes with systematic starts from every 2-5min to 2 times daily. This setup works perfectly for a time, but then begins to spuratically missing processes without any explanation or pattern. It doesn't only miss the 2 and 5min processes, but also the daily processes at times. When the cron is stopped and then restarted, it works perfectly again for a few days(no pattern here either), then begins missing processes again.

Is this a know bug? Would the full version nnCron correct this problem?
Any comments appreciated. :?
paul.mckee

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Thu, 06 Jan 2005, 11:46

No, this is not a known issue. Which nnCron LITE version do you use? I think you should look into 'cron.out' and logs when nnCron LITE starts to skip the tasks. If there is smth unusual?
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby paul.mckee » Thu, 06 Jan 2005, 17:00

I am using the latest nnCronLite v1.16 Build 106.16.10.2003. Once started it will run as scheduled for at least 3 days before beginning to skip processes. For a process scheduled every 2min, the skips start with every other, then progressively get worse. Same with processes scheduled every 5min. I can tell nothing from the cron.out file except for the version and build info. All other info. I get is from the .log files; new one generated every day.
Any suggestions? thanks.
paul.mckee

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Thu, 06 Jan 2005, 17:22

No suggestions still. Let's try to investigate this further. Please, show us the contents of your 'cron.tab' and two or three log files - with and without skipped tasks. Ah... BTW, I think this is a good idea to take a look at your cron.ini as well...

You can send me these files privately to support@nncron.ru if you don't like to post them in the forum.
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Return to nnCron forum (English)