Some small mistakes in nnBackup help, and...

nnBackup discussion

Some small mistakes in nnBackup help, and...

Postby Fantast.Leo.Dou » Tue, 08 Mar 2005, 08:48

In the Part "Filtering the Files by their Size", the last example:

The last one example:
nnbackup.exe copy -i c:\data -o d:\backup -LT 50000 -EQ 50000 -GT 50000 -OR

Explanation: Copy all the files from directory c:\data to d:\backup: the files which size is smaller than 50000 bytes, or equals to 50000 bytes, or is greater than 50000 bytes.

I think the string "-GT 50000" should be "-GT 500000". Otherwise, this example must be a joke.

And in the Part "Creating a Directory Structure in the Output Directory":
As you perhaps realized, option -p1...4 is just a "shorthand version" of option -pn 1...4. If was created for users convenience, and there is no functional differences between the two options.

That "If" should be a "It", right?

And in the Part "Working with Filelists":
Now we'll submit it it to nnBackup for processing:

The 2 "it".

By the way, I have some questions while translate nnBackup.

Create dest dir error.
What is a dest dir?

I can not find them in help file and the online help.
Why not put a Search feature in nnBackup help, just as in nnCron help? It's very inconveniece.
Also, since nnBackup has no GUI, I think some items in language file are no use. Or they're already there waiting for the GUI version coming?
Fantast.Leo.Dou

Re: Some small mistakes in nnBackup help, and...

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Tue, 08 Mar 2005, 20:05

Fantast.Leo.Dou wrote:Explanation: Copy all the files from directory c:\data to d:\backup: the files which size is smaller than 50000 bytes, or equals to 50000 bytes, or is greater than 50000 bytes.

I think the string "-GT 50000" should be "-GT 500000". Otherwise, this example must be a joke.

And it is a kind of a joke: this is an example of copying all the files from the input dir.

Fantast.Leo.Dou wrote:That "If" should be a "It", right?
The 2 "it".

Yes, thanks, I have fixed these typos!

Fantast.Leo.Dou wrote:What is a dest dir?

The destination directory (the output directory).

Fantast.Leo.Dou wrote:Also, since nnBackup has no GUI, I think some items in language file are no use. Or they're already there waiting for the GUI version coming?

Yes, there are plans to create a GUI for nnBackup, but this will not happen in the near future, so you can skip the GUI-relating strings when translating res-file. These strings will be redefined when it comes to the GUI-version.

We are not adding the search to nnBackup/nnCron LITE help files because this feature greately increase the help file size. You can use the online search though... ( http://www.nncron.ru/nnbackup/help/help.htm )
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Re: Some small mistakes in nnBackup help, and...

Postby Fantast.Leo.Dou » Wed, 09 Mar 2005, 15:15

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:The destination directory (the output directory).

:lol:
Thanks.

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:We are not adding the search to nnBackup/nnCron LITE help files because this feature greately increase the help file size. You can use the online search though... ( http://www.nncron.ru/nnbackup/help/help.htm )

I have made a search version of nnBackup help myself.
Fantast.Leo.Dou

Return to nnBackup forum (English)