Can't make WatchProc: work correctly.

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

Can't make WatchProc: work correctly.

Postby Frank » Tue, 27 May 2008, 06:00

Hello,
I have trouble making WatchProc: work properly.

AsLoggedUser
LoadProfile
WatchProc: "explorer.exe"
Action:
NormalPriority
PAUSE: 2000
535 600 WIN-RESIZE
WIN-MOVE: 332 138

It works correctly on one machine but not on another. Just doesn't trigger on one machine.
Where do I need to look for?
Frank
Frank

Re: Can't make WatchProc: work correctly.

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Wed, 28 May 2008, 12:05

try to look in nncron.log and nncron.out to see if there is smth unusual (tasks with equal names, some errors etc...). then try to comment out 'AsLoggedUser LoadProfile' lines.
if this does not helps, modify your task to watch another one process (notepad.exe, for example) and see if it works.
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby Frank » Thu, 29 May 2008, 03:15

Had a look at nnCron.log - it has entries that trigger regularly, but no entry for my 'explorer' task.
Had a look at the nnCron.out file and has some entries this morning that I don't undersatnd:-

nnCron. v 1.91 Build 1083 21.03.2006
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 nnSoft. email:nemtsev@nncron.ru
BlockInput isn't unique
BlockInput isn't unique

However, I launched explorer.exe and checked nnCron.out and didn't change, so there was no entry for trying to run the task.

Changed the 'explorer.exe' watched proc to 'notepad.exe' and launched notepad about 10 times and worked every time. Changed the watched proc back to 'explorer.exe' and tried it about 6 times and not once did it trigger. I launched it maybe another 20 times and triggered that one time. So the script must be correct.
Thanks
Frank
Frank

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Thu, 29 May 2008, 14:35

'BlockInput isn't unique' means that you have two different tasks in your nncron.tab with the same name. Check nnCron FAQ for details: http://www.nncron.ru/download/faq.zip .

'Explorer.exe' is a windows shell, used by default. So, one instance of explorer.exe is starting silently on system startup and stays in memory until shutdown (check your task manager) eventually preventing of catching all other explorer.exe instances you are starting using Explorer shortcut. Just try to catch it using WatchWin* instead of WatchProc.

HTH!
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby Frank » Fri, 30 May 2008, 07:38

Yes, WatcWindow does work o/k. The reason I didn't use it in the first place is bacuase it only works if explorer opens in a particular directory.
If I could make it work with 2 or 3 window names I could use it. How would I use the 'OR' in this case for say 3 window names?
Frank
Frank

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Fri, 30 May 2008, 11:52

Yes, you could.

1) You can use several Watch* statements like this:

WatchWindow: "winpattern1"
WatchWindow: "winpattern2"
\ etc

2) 'winpattern' ( http://www.nncron.ru/help/EN/commands/w ... tm#pattern ) can contain regular expressions ( http://www.nncron.ru/help/EN/add_info/regexp.htm ) - so you can combine several window titles in one expression.

HTH!
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby Frank » Fri, 30 May 2008, 12:38

That works fine.
I thought that maybe there should be an 'OR' somewhere. Just shows how much I know.
Thank you very much
Frank
Frank

Return to nnCron forum (English)