Missed task handling problems

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

Missed task handling problems

Postby simpsonr » Wed, 27 Aug 2008, 00:10

I am using Product Version 1.17.119 of nncron lite. It runs on a quite a few machines I work on, and I am experiencing a problem on all of them. These machines are typically powered on, but remain logged off most of the time. When I log on to a machine that I have not been on in a while, it sometimes kicks off up to 500 instances of the tasks, as if they have been queued up while logged off and all kcik off at the same time, bringing my machine to a complete stop for about 15 minutes. I tried changing As LoggedUser to Off, but it did not seem to help, the tasks would not run while logged off. Here is my cron.ini:

Cronlog: "log\%MM%%DD%cron.log"
LogTimeFormat: "%hh%:%mm%:%ss% %ThreadId%"
YearField OFF
DefaultOpenMode: ShowNormal
DefaultPriority: NormalPriority
AsLoggedUser OFF
DefaultRunMissedTime: 15
simpsonr

Re: Missed task handling problems

Postby TucknDar » Wed, 27 Aug 2008, 11:26

simpsonr wrote:I am using Product Version 1.17.119 of nncron lite.
I tried changing As LoggedUser to Off, but it did not seem to help, the tasks would not run while logged off. Here is my cron.ini:

I'm not too good with nncron yet myself, but I'm thinking that the task won't run when logged off because it needs to be run as a specific user? I use the full nnCron, which has some more advanced settings related to AsLoggedUser and similar, but the nnCron Lite service can be run as a specific user. By default it's run using the System account, so I would try to change the log on details for nncron service with the services.msc tool (assuming you're using XP).

Maybe if you explain a little more what this task is supposed to do, someone more knowledgeable than me may help. :oops:
TucknDar

Return to nnCron forum (English)