nnCron not displaying app correctly

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

nnCron not displaying app correctly

Postby lizrdb » Mon, 31 Oct 2005, 17:04

Hi! We are having a problem with nnCron 1.91 RC2 running on Windows Server 2003 Standard with sp1. nnCron is running as a user. The nnCron job calls a third-party application; when the third-party application opens, you can see the outline of the application window but that is it. If the application runs into a problem and crashes, the window outline remains. Needless to say, it is a bit annoying...

If we run nnCron as a service, this problem does not occur. However, the third-party application references files with specific permissions - and that service does not have access to them.

We also ran into the same thing running nnCron 1.89.

Is there anything we can do to solve this problem?

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like further information.

Thank you!

Liz
lizrdb

Postby VK » Mon, 31 Oct 2005, 17:18

I think the best way is to run nnCron as system service and authorize the task itself. Do not forget to load a user profile as well.

For example: AsLoggedUser LoadProfile
or: User: "test_user" Password: "test" Domain: "vkondakoff" LogonInteractive
LoadProfile

More info in the docs.
CU
VK
VK

Postby lizrdb » Mon, 31 Oct 2005, 18:09

We did try running the nnCron service under the account which auto logs into the server; this did not fix the problem.

Why would running the individual tasks under a specific account work better or differently thna running all tasks under a specific user account?
lizrdb

Postby VK » Mon, 31 Oct 2005, 18:42

I'm not talking about running nnCron service under specific account. The nnCron service shoul be running under System account.

As of your question: it seems, the user profile is not loaded, when you launch your program and nnCron is started under specific user account. I'm not sure why it happens. Maybe there is smth wrong with the user privileges? Is this user included in the Administrators group?
CU
VK
VK

Return to nnCron forum (English)