Scheduling with NNCronLite

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

Scheduling with NNCronLite

Postby exbane » Mon, 09 Jan 2006, 17:42

Hi - I'm fairly new to this so please bare with me.. I'm trying to setup a schedule for an exe to run daily between the hours of 1am and 11pm every day.. I'm having a little difficulty with this process.. Can somebody give me a couple examples on how to do this? This would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you.
exbane

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Mon, 09 Jan 2006, 21:09

What does this means 'between the hours'? Every hour from 1am to 11pm?
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby exbane » Mon, 09 Jan 2006, 21:16

Basically what i want (im not sure if it's possible) is if the time is betweeen the hours of 1am or 11pm the job will kick off once - and then it will wait until the next day..

Here's the scenerio - I have a remote backup script i've written for the users in my company that utilizes BITS for file transfers to our server.. I want Cron to kick off the remote backup once a day everyday - but only once a day.. I dont want to spefiy an exact time because the users may not be on their PC at that time and that wont work for what we need.. And i was told that Cron do kick off jobs between the hours off whenever to whenever.. I just didnt know if you had to specify a certain time for it.. Any ideas?
exbane

Postby VK » Tue, 10 Jan 2006, 13:06

I think you can set an exact time like 1am ( 0 1 * * * ) and use the nnCron LITE missed task handling functionality. ( @0 1 * * * ).

Thus, the task will be launched once a day at the specified time, or at the first opportunity if it was impossible to start the task at the scheduled time.

Please, read about the missed task handling in the docs: http://www.nncron.ru/nncronlt/help/EN/w ... missed.htm

Note the DefaultRunMissedTask: cron.ini variable description.
CU
VK
VK

Postby exbane » Tue, 10 Jan 2006, 16:47

Cool thanks!
exbane

Return to nnCron forum (English)