Can't log off or shut down

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

Can't log off or shut down

Postby pzjournal » Mon, 20 Mar 2006, 07:58

I am using nnCron 1.89 Build 997 on an XP Pro machine with multiple user names. For a long time everything worked fine. However, now if I manually log off a particular user name, then log in as another user, I can't log off anymore, nor can I shut down the machine. XP starts the log off process because I can see a couple programs close, but then just hangs. At that point if I bring up the task manager and start closing processes, I discovered that by closing nncron.exe the log off will now work.

I tried using 1.91 RC4, but had the same results. Any ideas? Thanks.
pzjournal

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Mon, 20 Mar 2006, 17:09

This sounds pretty unusual... Maybe the problem with log off/shutdown is caused by one of the tasks in your nncron.tab? Try to find - which one. This can be done by de-activating the tasks one by one.
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby pzjournal » Thu, 20 Apr 2006, 00:16

I tried removing all tasks. It doesn't help. I have confirmed that the nnCron service is causing the problem, because when I stop and restart it, everything works fine.

Also, when I uncheck "Allow service to interact with desktop" in the service manager, it works fine, but then I can't see the icon in the system tray.
pzjournal

Return to nnCron forum (English)