cron.tab location

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

cron.tab location

Postby hans » Thu, 23 Sep 2004, 23:49

Hi,

I cannot locate the location of the cron.tab file

Is it possible to specify a different location for the cron.tab file, for instance in the cron.ini ?

I am using the nnCron Lite 1.16 version and I am very happy about it :D

Hans
hans

Re: cron.tab location

Postby VK » Fri, 24 Sep 2004, 10:01

hans wrote:I cannot locate the location of the cron.tab file

This file should be located in the directory, where nnCron LITE was installed (the directory with cron.exe). If there is no such a file, you can create it by yourself - just create a plain text file and name it 'cron.tab'.

Is it possible to specify a different location for the cron.tab file, for instance in the cron.ini ?

No. nnCron LITE works with the only one job-file and this file should be located in installation directory.
CU
VK
VK

Re: cron.tab location

Postby hans » Fri, 24 Sep 2004, 11:10

No. nnCron LITE works with the only one job-file and this file should be located in installation directory.

Can I move all the files from c:\Program Files\cron to an other directory/disk, for instance d:\apps\cron ?

Hans
hans

Postby VK » Fri, 24 Sep 2004, 11:31

Just copy your cron.ini and cron.tab to another folder (if there are some settings/jobs, that you don't want to loose), uninstall the nnCron LITE (Control Pannel - Add/remove programs), reinstall it in a new location, place cron.ini and cron.tab to the new directory and restart the nnCron LITE service.

If there are no important settings/jobs to keep, you may not bother with cron.ini and cron.tab.
CU
VK
VK

Postby hans » Fri, 24 Sep 2004, 12:09

VK (far_away) wrote:Just copy your cron.ini and cron.tab to another folder (if there are some settings/jobs, that you don't want to loose), uninstall the nnCron LITE (Control Pannel - Add/remove programs), reinstall it in a new location, place cron.ini and cron.tab to the new directory and restart the nnCron LITE service.

It is working perfectly, thanks for the quick answers

Hans
hans

Return to nnCron forum (English)