nn.key doesn't work

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

nn.key doesn't work

Postby koike » Fri, 24 Nov 2006, 15:24

I bought a nnCron 1.9.1 license and downloaded .exe from the site. I put the nn.key in the nncron.exe dir, but today it send a message:

Evaluation period has expired...

What the problem with the key? Someone can help me?!

Thanks
koike

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Fri, 24 Nov 2006, 17:59

I have just took a look to the screenshot, which you have send to me. Are you using some kind of Remote Desktop software to access nnCron?

If so, have you tried to start nnCron not as a system service, but as an ordinary application (with a '-ns' comand line switch)? Does this solves the problem?
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby koike » Fri, 24 Nov 2006, 19:45

I normaly use VNC or Remote Desktop to access the server, the nncron is started as a service.

I have tried to start as an ordinary application (nncron.exe -ns), but the message showed again...
koike

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Sun, 26 Nov 2006, 11:55

Not sure what is going on.

You can try this: download this file ( http://www.nncron.ru/temp/regkey.zip ). Extract it into your nnCron folder and run regkey.bat. Then made a screenshot of the regkey.bat output console window and send it privately to me ( support@nncron.ru ). Attach your nn.key as well.
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Tue, 28 Nov 2006, 14:00

There are two problems with the nn.key file, which you have send to me:

1) It has a wrong name ('PGP key(s).txt' instead of 'nn.key').
2) It has Unix-style lineendings (LF) instead of Windows ones (CRLF).

It seems the nn.key was damaged during FTP-transfer, or smth like this. To make it work again just rename the file to nn.key and convert the lineendings back to Windows style (CRLF) using your favorite text editor.

HTH!
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby koike » Thu, 30 Nov 2006, 15:51

Valery,

I fixed the nn.key and that worked!

Thanks for your help.

Koike
koike

Re: nn.key doesn't work

Postby cvkluka » Fri, 21 Mar 2008, 01:51

We purchased a copy of nnCron for a remote PC that was running an expired evaluation copy. I returned to the site yesterday, stopped nnCron, deleted some 30 messages with the expiration warning, saved nn.key to the nnCron directory on the Windows XP client and restarted nnCron. It ran the first time without error. But after that, the messages warning about an expired license reappeared on that PC. I checked the local copy of nn.key I store locally on my Linux PC for backup and it does not look corrupted; when I saved the key yesterday to the Windows XP client, I did not open the file, so the remote copy of nn.key should be the same one I have here. What to do?
cvkluka

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Fri, 25 Apr 2008, 16:06

maybe there are unix-style lineendings insted of windows ones (lf - crlf). if you can not check this by yourself, just send your key-file to me (support@nncron.ru).
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby cvkluka » Fri, 25 Apr 2008, 22:48

We looked for that but found no errors. The only thing that did work was to uninstall the original copy, clear nncron entries from the Windows registry, and reinstall nncron with the key in the proper directory. So the problem is solved. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but maybe this will help someone. Thanks for your reply.
cvkluka

Postby TucknDar » Sat, 24 May 2008, 19:32

I'm having the same problem as others. I get the message saying that Evaluation has expired. the file IS called nn.key and line-endings are WIN

Couldn't post image in here, but here's a screenshot of the message:
http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 008vd0.png
TucknDar

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Wed, 28 May 2008, 11:57

2 TucknDar: your issue seems to be my fault (sorry!) - your personal translator regkey was not generated properly. I have send you another one, which will solve the problem (I hope!).
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Postby TucknDar » Wed, 28 May 2008, 22:25

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:2 TucknDar: your issue seems to be my fault (sorry!) - your personal translator regkey was not generated properly. I have send you another one, which will solve the problem (I hope!).

Excellent, it certainly works now!

Thanks Valery!
TucknDar

Return to nnCron forum (English)