nncronLT doesn't start the scheduled application

nnCron and nnCron LITE discussion

nncronLT doesn't start the scheduled application

Postby pingala » Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 13:03

Hi everybody,

i've got a little problem here..
i've installed cron on my WinXP SP2 computer (switched on 24/7)
i've created by cron.tab with what i need in there, then at the scheduled time.. nothing happen.. i mean the application scheduled doesn't start even though in the log file look likes it has started.. :(

what's the problem?

my config:
WIN XP SP2
nnCron Lite v1.17 build 119 09.06.2005

cron.out:
nnCron LITE. v 1.17 Build 119 09.06.2005
Copyright (c) 2000-2007 nnSoft. e-mail: nemtsev@nncron.ru

cron.tab:
@25 9 * * 1-7 D:\Profiles\y83sxfn8\Desktop\XOTD_Night_Ops_s.exe

cron.log:
09:25:00 2068 Start: D:\Profiles\y83sxfn8\Desktop\XOTD_Night_Ops_s.exe
09:25:00 2068 Start result: 0

cron.ini:
Cronlog: "log\%MM%%DD%cron.log"
LogTimeFormat: "%hh%:%mm%:%ss% %ThreadId%"
YearField OFF
DefaultOpenMode: ShowNormal
DefaultPriority: HighPriority
AsLoggedUser OFF
DefaultRunMissedTime: 360:00

the program runs as service with my user login.

i've also tried to use AsLoggedUser ON, and tried to be logged while wait
the program to run, but nothing happens...

any idea?
pingala
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 12:27

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 13:14

Try to stop nnCronLT service (stopcron.bat) and run nnCronLT as an ordinary application (not as a system service. Use the '-ns' command line switch for this purpose.

Does this solves the problem?
CU
VK
User avatar
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu, 01 Jul 2004, 20:49
Location: Moscow, Russia

Postby pingala » Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 13:50

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:Try to stop nnCronLT service (stopcron.bat) and run nnCronLT as an ordinary application (not as a system service. Use the '-ns' command line switch for this purpose.

Does this solves the problem?


this works smoothly ... but i need to have that sheduled action to run
when i'm not even logged in the system... how ?
pingala
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 12:27

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 14:09

This sounds like user privileges (access rights) problem. When started as service nCronLT runs as a System user. It seems System has not enough rights to access (or run) your program. Or, maybe, your program need to load UserProfile to run smoothly?..

So, you can try to add additional user rights to the user System... Or you can try to experiment with nnCron (not the Lite one) which can autorize each task separately and load the UserProfile.
CU
VK
User avatar
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu, 01 Jul 2004, 20:49
Location: Moscow, Russia

Postby pingala » Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 14:15

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:This sounds like user privileges (access rights) problem. When started as service nCronLT runs as a System user. It seems System has not enough rights to access (or run) your program. Or, maybe, your program need to load UserProfile to run smoothly?..

So, you can try to add additional user rights to the user System... Or you can try to experiment with nnCron (not the Lite one) which can autorize each task separately and load the UserProfile.


this is weird as the service is setted to login with my user profile
(Log on tab in the service properties) and anyway the application that nncron should run comes with both my profile and system in the security properties...

any other idea? am i missing something here?
pingala
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 12:27

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 14:42

Do I understand you correctly: you set the nnCronLT service to login with your user profile?

As far as I remember there are a special steps to perform this (excerpts from nnCron docs):

Note: in order to run nnCron not as System, but as а particular user, this user must have the following rights (see Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Settings - Local Policies - User Rights Assignment):
Replace a process level token
Act as part of the operating system
Bypass traverse checking

(user System has these rights by default).
CU
VK
User avatar
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu, 01 Jul 2004, 20:49
Location: Moscow, Russia

Postby pingala » Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 15:55

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:Do I understand you correctly: you set the nnCronLT service to login with your user profile?

As far as I remember there are a special steps to perform this (excerpts from nnCron docs):

Note: in order to run nnCron not as System, but as а particular user, this user must have the following rights (see Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Settings - Local Policies - User Rights Assignment):
Replace a process level token
Act as part of the operating system
Bypass traverse checking

(user System has these rights by default).


let me rephrase ... ;)

i've setted on nnCronLT service, through the services admin panel,
in the "Log On" tab to log on as my account. This -as per my understanding- will let the service run as i've launched it and not the system. Once the service is started and i open the task manager i can see
myself as the owner of the cron service instead of system (as per default settings)

this should be enough to let nnCronLT service inherit my permission level..

thanks for your help, i really appreciate... and will be very happy if i'll be able to sort out the problem... ;)
pingala
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 12:27

Postby pingala » Thu, 15 Mar 2007, 14:26

UP.

any idea?
pingala
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007, 12:27


Return to nnCron forum (English)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron